Monday, November 19, 2007

So part of the reason that I never post any blogs is a strange, recurring phenomenon - I come to this very page (not the one you're looking at), this "posting" page, and see the blank text box. And then my mind goes blank. I think my mind mimics what it sees and reads. Next time I try to post something, I will type while looking at something witty, engaging, and heart-warming.

But here is the quick update on my life: Saturday, I turned in a good portion of the work I was doing in India. I'm sadly behind, but not surprised! My mom has been sick now going on week 3 or 4 and it's so wierd, because she's usually the most healthy one! So hopefully she'll get better soon! And Thanksgiving is this week. Anyway, the blank blogger brain syndrome is weighing down on me. There is lots I could say, but it seems wierd to publish all my thoughts on the internet. So I'll promise to write more later :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, there! My consistent checking of your blog has finally paid off!

I also have faced the blank box and come away defeated ... it was always easiest to write while in India when there always seemed to be a lot to tell that I thought people would enjoy reading about.

In general, it helps for me to think of a post as a kind of letter to my friends, who are the ones who would be reading my blog anyway.

Tim said...

Kristi!
Good to see you're still alive and writing blogs.
I like what MM says: it's like a letter to friends.
Hope you have a great Thanksgiving weekend.

caron said...

Here's my solution. Write an email or a page on word or something. Then you can just paste it in when you are done. And no one has to know that it took you a week to write! I also try to write good topics down when I think of them so I don't draw a blank at the drawing board.
Sorry I stopped checking. A little bird told me there was something to read again, and I was not disappointed. Best of luck in your future blogging endeavors! I'll be checking in again....

BRAIN ON THE WANE said...

Kristi,
Your writing is wonderful.
Love from,
Aunt Wendy