So, I have been inspired by this month's Ensign and by Facebook to attempt to keep up in this thing again... I'm always wanting to give really detailed Facebook statuses - but then worried who will read them and be offended, or who might judge them, or just might not want to see them. I guess the nice thing about blogs is no one has to read them! I wonder if I could do a completely private blog, so it would be like a journal - for some reason that seems better than journaling via a Word document. I also want to start a political blog - Politics are so confusing, but maybe if I write out some ideas and people can point out where my logic is weak, it would help me understand better. Maybe an Italian one too to practice, a exercise journal, analyzing relationships - the possibilities are endless!
So to start, I will just expound on my Facebook statuses :)
"So I didn't bite anyone's arm this week, but I did start having an asthma attack during the snake dance, then I went to Thanksgiving point and was scared out of my wits going through the children's 'haunted creature,' followed by much jumping on a bubble thing and eating delicious food. Tonight is Bill and Amber's reception and it comfting that our little band of single friends is breaking apart in such a happy way."
One of the highlights of life over the last few weeks is that I've started participating in a dancing group that will perform at Christmastime. I'm not allowed to post the name of the group online though, but here's a link to the DVD of the performance last year: link :) I think it was something special, and I wish everyone could have been there. (Registration for tickets begins at 12:01 a.m. on October 17 this year ;))
Anyway, dancing brings such balance to my life; I don't know why, but I really, really love it (though I really need to become better). When I don't dance, I feel like what I suppose a musician would feel if they couldn't play for a while. This may sound silly, but I feel like dancing (good dancing) is a way to worship the Creator. Very fulfilling hobby. At this dance group a week and a half ago, we were practicing a Jamaican dance (or as I like to call it, the "asthma attack" dance) which involves flailing arms, dancing rain and sun and running around madly in a circle. And at one point I found my neighboring dancer's arm in my mouth! It was so shocking and so funny. The imprint of my teeth were very clear and a week later she showed me the scar. It wasn't awful, but it surprised me that she still had a mark after a week. Thus my clever aunt suggested renaming my dance as the "snake dance."
Wow, I'm already running out of time, but as for the rest of the Facebook post, I was lucky enough to be asked out on a date where we went to Cornbelly's at Thanksgiving Point and then made tin foil dinners. I am not the biggest fan of haunted things, especially haunted houses, but this was a family-friendly venue, and when I saw the blown up balloon of a large lizard thing for children, I thought it would be fun to go inside. At first it was just what I expected...they made the inflated walls and fixtures inside to look like the throat and stomach (and intestines!!) of some kind of a lizard and it was entertaining and very twisty. But then people started jumping out at us from behind corners. I was so unprepared for that, and screamed a lot more than I had planned. They also had a lot of activities - it reminded me of a carnival - and one was a kind of inverted set of trampolines, except they were on the ground - blown up and made of plastic. It was fun (and a work out) to bounce around on those. It was funner to me to see the creative games the groups came up with on it. One group (I guessed they were from BYU) were playing dead man's bluff - I'm not sure that's what it's called, but one guy lay on the plastic while 7-10 people all jumped around him trying to make him bounce as high as possible. (This was one of my favorite games when I was 10.)
Finally, last night, I went to Bill and Amber's reception - maybe if they post their pictures I can post a link or something (realizing I need to learn more about how to do all this stuff). For a while there it seemed like our group of friends (mostly from high school) would never get married. But as each has been getting married - each time it renews hope for the rest of us - at least me - that it is possible, it does happen somehow, and it might happen for me too :)
Anyway, that's all for today. So much more I could write...
5 comments:
Keep up the posts. It's so good to see what you're up to :).
yay! You're back!
If you want a tutorial on links and pictures and stuff, I'l be happy to help out. I don't know everything, but I know enough to get by. Or be dangerous. :)
I use the free site www.ldsjournal.com and find that I write in my journal WAY more than I ever did by hand. AND I can add pictures and stuff so easily.
You can print it out if you want, but I don't know how much that costs.
Fun to see you blogging again!
Thanks Beth! I just signed up for it :) It's what I was looking for!
Hi Kristi - I am doing great, how are you doing ?! Are you up living with your family ? What have you been up to ?
Post a Comment